The Password Reset workflow requires three email notifications to be set up:
- Reset Password Start Process – ask the user to confirm his request by clicking on a link.
- Reset Password Request – provides a new generated password once the request is confirmed.
- Confirm Password Inform – replace the standard WP email for password reset process.
The password reset workflow is split in several actions:
- The user uses the Reset Password form to ask for a new password based on his email address.
- The user receives an email requesting confirmation for the password reset.
- User clicks on the provided link.
- Once the request is confirmed, the user will receive an email with his newly generated password.
- User can login his account and change the generated password with a new one.
The link confirmation does not provide a form for submitting a new password, but it can be set to redirect the user to a specific page other than the default redirect page. This option can be managed in the General Options -> Default Redirect page.